Going way too far with amusement park speculation.

Going way too far with amusement park speculation.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cedar Fair 2014

Since I posted about what Six Flags parks will get in 2014 a few days ago, I thought about what their rival, Cedar Fair, will build in 2014.

California's Great America:
Since 2013 is bringing Gold Striker, 2014 will be something minor.

Knott's Berry Farm:
I'll just repeat what I said in the "Knott's Berry Farm 2014, 2015, & Beyond" post:
There was a big rumor that Knott's Berry Farm is recieving a giga coaster in the near future. This was all started by Screamscape, though I don't believe that Knott's is the right park for a giga coaster. I think a B&M mini-hyper like Hollywood Dream (Universal Studios Japan) & Goliath (La Ronde) would fit well in Knott's by having the station perhaps in the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building.
 
Valleyfair:
The last big addition for Valleyfair was back in 2007, Renegade. Though, I don't expect 2014 to have a big addition, maybe 2015. In 2014, Valleyfair might get a medium-sized flat ride or a family coaster.

Worlds of Fun:
The last big addition for Worlds of Fun was back in 2009, Prowler. But like Valleyfair, don't expect much in 2014. Maybe 2015 might bring something large.

Michigan's Adventure:
I never expect anything big in this park, so have low expectations.

Cedar Point:
With Gatekeeper coming in 2013, Cedar Fair will most likely have a small addition in 2014.

Kings Island:
I expect Kings Island to get the largest addition in 2014 as it would be the replacement for Son of Beast. I expect anything huge such as an Intamin Giga Launch (think Formula Rossa but slower and taller), a B&M Wing Coaster, or even a Mack Multi-Launch coaster perhaps like a larger version of Blue Fire.

Dorney Park:
Dorney will most likely get something large in 2015 as it isn't a very big park and they recieved Stinger in 2012. Stinger might not seem like a major addition but to the normal park-goer, it is. So, maybe some new water slides for Wildwater Kingdom in 2014.

Kings Dominion:
Screamscape reported that Anaconda is leaving soon, so I expect 2014 to be the demolition of Anaconda, but its replacement to be in 2015. I expect something small in 2014 as I expect Kings Island & Knott's Berry Farm for getting the major rides in 2014.

Carowinds:
Carowinds will probably get something small. They might get something in 2015 or 2016 as Intimidator wouldn't be thought of as a new coaster by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment